a message from my mom

Yesterday I got a facebook message from a woman who I babysat for when she was a little girl.  This is what it said:

Donna, this may sound weird but your mom came to me in a dream last night. She was young and beautiful, her skin like porcelain. she told me to tell you something and then she started to sing a song. I cannot remember the exact words, and it was only like 4 lines but the message was this...you may think something looks impossible but don't give up you can accomplish it, it will happen with courage on your part....i am sorry if this is weird but I felt compelled to tell you, I think it is rather fun that your mom and I had a visit and you were the reason. Barbie. 
My sweet mom and her porcelain skin.  This is a picture I had never seen before but my sister sent it to me.

My mom has been dead for over two years and I got teary and goosebumps from reading this email.  I am not exactly sure what it means, at least not consciously.  I know it will become clear if I don't try to think about it too much.  I wonder why my mom didn't come to me and tell me herself?  I do dream about her but she usually doesn't talk to me in my dreams and neither does my dad.  Maybe I am not receptive enough?

I think it is cool that she choose Barbie.  She loved Barbie's mom, Sharon (Sharon used to babysit for us when we were kids).  Sharon died before my mom did - so maybe Sharon thought her daughter Barbie would be a good messenger.


Thanks for the message mamma.  I will have the courage to first admit I know what you are talking about - and then I will make it happen.


Comments