it will be better in the morning

There are some things that come and kick you in your once perfect, but still shapely ass - like the cold I have right now that is causing me to want to drink hot toddies but we have no whiskey, so red wine it is. 

There are things that keep you awake at night - so much so that you get up and lay in front of the fireplace wishing for some codeine cough medicine or at least some sleep.  These things make you think deep thoughts - here were a few of mine:

1.  I will never ever be sorry for keeping anyone's self esteem intact despite what it cost me.
2.  People without introspection will not go far in the world.  It is necessary to be able to see our faults and even look for them so we can fix them. 
3.  Imitation may be the most sincere form of flattery but too much trying to be someone else will cost you who you really are.
4.  I won't be sorry for not tooting my own horn.  I don't need that for my self esteem, tattered and trampled on as it may be.
5.  Being sick make  you really appreciate when you are not.
And finally, like my mama always said....it will be better in the morning (she just never said which morning).

Comments