Two more January 5ths

I found two old diaries from 1968 and 1969. Here's how January 5th was lived 40 and 39 years ago for me.

Friday January 5th 1968
Dear Diary: Boy! Linda Reid said I could ride to the game with her and then they left without me. I wanted to go to the game real bad too because its the first one in our new gym.
Ernie Silta thinks he owns our TV. He had to watch Gomer Pyle and I watned to watch Star Trek. I can never watch what I want! And my mother always sticks up for Barbara. Boy if I could have a wish I wish I was a cheerleader. Maybe better news next time. Donna

Sunday January 5th 1969
Dear Diary: I didn't go to work today either. I don't even know if I;'ll make it to school tomorrow. I'll try. I did my homework (the rest of it) and my dress is almost finished. Well Good night. Donna

I am sort of curious about the rest of January 5ths in my life. Having at least 15 of them documented is pretty darn good. I think life might have been much easier (at least looking back) in 1968. But maybe not better.

Comments