On a more humerous note....

Today I woke up with two drops of blood on my chin. I observed this strange thing when I was in the bathroom at 5:30 am getting ready to go running. Two tiny drops of blood, not even dripping, on the right side of my chin. It looked like a bug bite but more like a vampire bite. I probably turned my head just in time to avoid having my neck bitten and my blood drained by that vampire, who instead only got chin blood. The blood did not seem to want to wipe off either - not with soap and not with spit.

So I chose to ignore it and run off with Jack who could have given a damn about all of this. I had on two shirts and a jacket because the day before it was only 32 degrees and I was cold and not prepared. It happened to be 52 degrees outside so I was hot. As I ran along, listening to my IPOD playing the "Boys in the hood are always hard, don't talk that trash or they'll pull your card" song. I turned to let Jack pee and I was singing along to the part about slapping the whore when I noticed someone pass me and give me a dirty look. I laughed out loud at how funny that must have sounded - me a middle aged stubby woman slapping anyone.

We turned up a dark street that won't be dark for long because there are huge stucco monster homes being built on it. Coming down the street were four people walking side by side, arms outstretched, stiff legged, looking eerily like zombies. I thought I was done for and it was the zombies like in the Night of the Living Dead or Sean of the Dead, coming to finish off the work they started last night when they only got chin blood. Instead it appeared to be some high school girl drill team. They weren't very good. I told them they looked like zombies. They did not laugh. I did. It was 6 AM and I was running. It was the best thing that happened all day and I laughed about it off and on inbetween the stuff that happened that wasn't funny.

Comments