pillow talk

 I was going to call this "pillow fights" but then I thought pillow talk would make my 9 readers think "OMG, she is going to talk about sex!  People who know me know that I am pretty much an open book except I don't talk about sex and try to not talk about politics and only talk about religion if I am provoked.  I am for gay marriage and am pro choice in case you are wondering and even if you are not.  I can't imagine that allowing people of the same sex to get married will ruin my marriage or the fabric of the family for that matter - straight people have already done enough on their own that way.   And....I don't believe that heaven waits for only those who congregate even though I do congregate.  I am not sure what my beliefs are exactly and I find more and more people who tell me the same thing.  Speaking of politics (which I should not) one of the bad things about being retired is having time to listen to all the debates and the status of the stock market.  I am pro Obama by the way, and don't think he is to blame for the rising cost of gas happening right now.   I am anti hate.  I am too nice which may have contributed to my early retirement:)  The Utah legislature makes me crazy....I mean what are they thinking, banning sex education in schools unless abstinence only is taught.   For shits sake!  As if kids will just do as our grandmothers supposedly might have said "keep your legs crossed, keep your panties up, and don't do it" or as one of the republican hopefuls said "in my day, the girls held an aspirin between their knees" or something like that.

Oh yeah this is supposed to be about pillows.

I love this scene from "Planes Trains and automobiles":

[waking up after sharing the same bed on the motel]
Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?
Del: Why are you holding my hand?
Neal: [frowns] Where's your other hand?
Del: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those aren't pillows!


I have a million pillows or at least a lot of them.  I am constantly searching for the perfect one that will keep my shoulders and neck from being sore in the morning.  I think I have been searching for at least 10 years - thick pillows, feather pillows, hard and soft ones, one with a shelf for your shoulders, and one that is flat on one side and puffy on the other side.  None of them were the one I needed and the search goes on.  The flat and puffy one was good for a while but then it became like all the others - tossed in the closet and offered to guests and children coming home to visit.  The current one is a purchase from my favorite store, T. J. Maxx.    It will soon get tossed to the rejected heap too.  It is too flat.   I feel like Goldilocks must have felt when trying out the beds of the three bears - except I haven't found one that is "just right" yet.


Jack guarding my rejected pillow supply....Thumbelina and my running shoes and my half finished sock....I don't know why!
In thinking about this, it sure is a small problem to have in the general scheme of things.  That is why I am commenting on it - just because it is so silly.   Even if I did have "real" problems I would not post them in my blog.  We Finns are too tough for that - never let them see you bleed - and who wants to read a long diatribe of complaints?


Besides....I just came back from running the Austin 1/2 marathon with Kseniya, and her friend Liz and lots of other peeps.


Kseniya, Liz and I - looking stunning (or stunned) after our victorious finish.
And the week before, I got to spend several days with sweet Des and do things like make forts, go for walks and sing "If you're happy and you know it, say hurrah".  
saying goodbye to Des

in his chair fort
Hurrah!  Life is good even when one cannot find the elusive perfect pillow.

Comments

Linda said…
I found my perfect pillow at Kmart...just a cheap pillow that has for side sleepers on the label. I've had to go buy another every so often, but my neck and shoulder problem disappeared within a week's time after using it. My husband sleeps on his back or stomach so he needed a different one.

Wishing you luck in your quest for the perfect pillow for you.