good things so far in 2010

There's always things that are good despite the bad air, economy, people and life's disappointments. I decided to focus on them - at least at this moment. Here's a few on my list:

1. Finding your car's gas tank full in the morning.
2. Pulling up to the coffee drive up for some yuppie coffee and having just what I wanted handed to me with a good wish for the day - without my even asking.
3. Remembering a morning conversation with my mom - and not tearing up - at least not too much.
4. Nurses going home from work as I am walking in - they whistle as they pull out their cell phones to call loved ones. Some smile at me and say "Hi Donna". They are know they are privileged to take care of other people's kids. Or maybe they are just happy to be going home.
5. A friend giving me a new hand made coffee cup, just cause I liked his a few months ago. I didn't even remember liking it.
6. Cookies from a former employee and a note saying how much she appreciated us.
7. Comforting a small child wrapped in a soft blanket while waiting for his dad to come.
8. Driving home after a day at work to a nice warm supper and people (and my dog) who are happy to see me.
9. A fireplace to sit by at night - reminiscent of my childhood and wood stoves.
10. The audible heartbeat of a grandchild to be.

All in all, I am pretty damn lucky. For all of this and a husband who rubs lotion on my back every morning when I get out of the shower and brings me a cup of coffee. What else does a girl need?

Comments

Anonymous said…
and we're lucky to have you