A new Mr. Clause

Last year,  there was a mishap with one of my favorite Christmas decorations.  It involved the demise of Mr. Clause who belonged to a set of a kissing Mr. and Mrs. Clause, sitting on a park bench (sort of reminds you of that Jethro Tull song, doesn't it?  'sitting on a Park Bench....eyeing little girls with bad intent'). I bought them years ago from a catalog called Current which sold cutesy stuff like this and note cards, wrapping paper, and other things mostly that I did not need and most of which are no longer needed by anyone.

I don't recall exactly what happened to Mr. Clause but I remember feeling badly when I put decorations away on the day after New Years' day, which is my usual putting things away day after Christmas.  Maybe Mr. Clause decided to end it all, or she, tired of kissing him, pushed him off the bench and into the kitchen sink.  They usually sat in the kitchen window.   Poor Mrs. Santa would have to sit by herself for an entire year with no one to keep her company while waiting to once again be displayed for a few weeks.  I am weird that way.  I attach human qualities to inanimate objects as well as to my dogs.  And sometimes rocks and leaves and even snowflakes.

Anyway this year, I got out the decorations and there was poor Mrs (or should I say Ms. or the widow) Clause, occupying her park bench all alone.

Ms. Clause, all alone, kissing the empty spot next to her.
Some people might have thrown her away, but, I just could not do it.  As I put all my decorations up, I noticed how many couples I had.

There is Mr. and Mrs. Snowman that my mom gave me many years ago.  Someone made them for her, I think.

Mr. and Mrs. Snowman
There's also this elf couple...not necessarily a matching pair but they seem to get along with each other.  I introduced them once when I stored them next to each other and they hit it off right away.

the little elf came from Bruce's house.  I don't remember where I got the bigger one.
 I also have these two Santas.  They swear they are just good friends.  The one on the left came from a friend at work.  His tummy opens up and you can store things in it. He had chocolate chip cookies in it when I got him.  I usually store some fragile decorations in him to keep them safe.  The other Santa, complete with blue eye shadow and an evil look, came with the elf from Bruce's house.

Storage Santa and evil blue eye shadow Santa

Mr. and Mrs. Santa Clause candle holders.

The Santa on the left has a pouch perfect for M. and M's and the other Santa just hangs there looking cute.

Yeah I know this is an unlikely couple
Mr. and Mrs. Snowman - purchased at the hospital gift shop during an after Christmas sale.  They have been inseparable.
You get the picture.  And I haven't even discussed the tree ornaments and the couples involved that "hang out" together.  Heh Heh Heh.

I decided I needed to find poor Ms. Clause someone else to kiss.  I looked in department stores and thrift stores but found nothing suitable.  But EBAY came through.  For $1.99 I bought her a new mate.  Unfortunately he came with another Mrs. that he probably spent years kissing already.  But that did not deter me.  This is Utah.  He could have another wife.  They would just have to share.

 
Together at last....and a spare kisser.

I will let them take turns.  They will have to work it out during the 11 months when they are in storage.  But in my mind, they all live happily ever after.

If only all the people missing in our lives could be found on EBAY.  I would be willing to pay more than $1.99.  And I would be willing to share.

Comments